[ncl-talk] Error initializing udunits-2 unit system

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Tue Aug 14 16:41:49 MDT 2018

Hi Jared,

I was able to reproduce your problem with 6.4.0 and 6.5.0 on cheyenne
unfortunately. Thanks for providing a nice test program.

The work-around for now seems to be setting this environment variable:

setenv UDUNITS2_XML_PATH $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/udunits/udunits2.xml

or

export UDUNITS2_XML_PATH=$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/udunits/udunits2.xml

Can you try this and let me know if it works in your own environment on
cheyenne, and I'll file an official ticket on this.