[ncl-talk] coordinate array problem

Md. Jalal Uddin dmjalal90 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 14:41:16 MDT 2018

First, I calculated Fourier Transformation for wave number 1 by following
fanal_2.ncl (http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/fouranal.shtml).
CF = ezfftf (prc)
  z_wave1 = ezfftb (cf, 0.0)

Then, I tried to plot in the Cylindrical coordinate system (Rainfall
asymmetry.png in the attachment) which I found similar to radar_2.ncl
example.  I tried to follow this example because I am not an
expert programmer.

On Mon, Aug 13, 2018 at 12:10 PM Dennis Shea <shea at ucar.edu> wrote:

> None of the 'radar' are referenced to a map. I am not sure why you are
> using the 'radar_2' example.
>
> --
> To my knowledge, the TRMM 3B42 are on a rectilinear grid (400, 1440)
>
> See:
> http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/HiResPrc.shtml
> trmm_1.ncl <http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Scripts/trmm_1.ncl>
>

> On Sat, Aug 11, 2018 at 11:13 AM, Md. Jalal Uddin <dmjalal90 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I am getting the following errors. I followed radar_2.ncl example to plot
>> CF data (https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/radar.shtml). I tried
>> different ways, but I cannot fix the problem. Please help. Please find the
>> script and output figure in the attachment.
>>
>> warning:ScalarFieldSetValues: coordinate array sfXArray has invalid
>> dimensionality: defaulting sfXArray
>> warning:ScalarFieldSetValues: coordinate array sfYArray has invalid
>> dimensionality: defaulting sfYArray
>> (0) get_lon_values: Warning: The range your of longitude values is
>> greater than 360.
>> (0) get_lat_values: Warning: Your latitude values do not fall between
>> -90 and 90 inclusive.
>> (0) You will not get 'nice' latitude labels.
>>
>> Best Regards,
>> Jalal
>>
>> --
>> *Md. Jalal Uddin*
>> MSc in Applied Meteorology (English Language)
>> Nanjing University of Information, Science and Technology, China
>> Jasmine Jiangsu Government Scholar
>> Cell: +8613260859092
>> Office: WMO RMTC building in middle campus
>>
>> *AND *
>> B.Sc. in Disaster Management (Hons.)
>> Patuakhali Science and Technology University, Bangladesh.
>> Cell: +8801792052662, +8801838613203
>> Email: dmjalal90 at gmail.com
>> Web: www.dmjalal90.weebly.com
>> Facebook: jalal.hossen.39
>> LinkedIn: https://bd.linkedin.com/in/md-jalal-uddin-80a026b0
>> Twitter: dmjalal90
>> Skype: dmjalal90

*Md. Jalal Uddin*
MSc in Applied Meteorology (English Language)
Nanjing University of Information, Science and Technology, China
B.Sc. in Disaster Management (Hons.)
Patuakhali Science and Technology University, Bangladesh.
Cell: +8613260859092, +8801792052662