[ncl-talk] esmf regrid

David Brown dbrown at ucar.edu
Thu Sep 21 14:00:43 MDT 2017

You need to set the option to write out the files as NetCDF4 instead of NetCDF3.

>From ESMF_regrid doc page:

The NetCDF files created by this function are written with "large file
support" turned on. This creates a "64-bit offset" NetCDF file under
the hood and allows you to write variables > 2 GB but less than 4 GB.

If you are working with large data files that require more than 4 GB,
you may need to set one or more of the NetCDFType options to
"netcdf4". This will force a NetCDF4 file to be written under the hood
and will allow you to write variables that are > 4 GB.

Hope this helps.
 -dave