[ncl-talk] Regridding WRF corvilinear grid to gpm rain rectlinear grid

Barry Lynn barry.h.lynn at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 04:24:44 MST 2017

Dear Ronald:

I have used regrid to regrid to both the original WRF grid and a more
sparse grid.  However, its main task is to regrid to the original grid in
rectilinear coordinates (unless you tell it otherwise).

You can interpolate from a fine grid to a coarse grid using the programs
available (e.g., area_hi2lores_Wrap).

Please see lines 320,386 in the program attached (that calculates
frontogenesis).  In this program, I used a more sparse version of the WRF
grid as the destination grid. If you are going to use a grid from a
different data set, then it would be best if the new grid will be smaller
than the WRF grid (so you don't interpolate zeros).

Barry

On Wed, Nov 29, 2017 at 11:16 AM, Ronald Opio <opioronald123 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello colleagues.
>
> I am trying to regrid my WRF output file so as to match the gpm rainfall
> data set grid, however the script is not working.
>
> I am using ESMF_regrid function. It runs well, however, when I check the
> file after, I find that the WRF file still remains with its original grid
> size.
>
> Please help me out. What could the problem be?
>
> I have attached the script herein.
>

> Ronald.

Barry H. Lynn, Ph.D
Senior Lecturer,