[ncl-talk] Error while plotting winds from WRF dataset

swati shewale shewaleswati16 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 04:55:51 MST 2017

Dear All,

I wish to plot winds at 850 hpa but facing error as below. Tried it several
ways like plotted separately by taking single file at a time, doing this it
works fine. while doing panel plot, third file shows some weird error as
mismatch array. I wish to send the dataset files, total 3 files have size
around 3.5 GB. Is it possible to send the dataset. Please give me some
insight. I have attached script.

In the script, all the three files e.g. a0,a1,a2 (I have repeated same
files again as a3,a4,a5) have same structure except time. once I send the
data files (I used ncrcat command to concanate all the files),  you can see
no of files (using ncdump -h command) get concanated (at the bottom)

fatal:Dimension size mismatch, dimension (0) of left hand side reference
does not have the same size as the right hand side reference after
subscripting.
fatal:["Execute.c":8567]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 245 in
file $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/wrf/WRFUserARW.ncl

fatal:["Execute.c":8567]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 50 in file
wind_climatology_850hpa_all_files.ncl

fatal:Dimension size mismatch, dimension (0) of left hand side reference
does not have the same size as the right hand side reference after
subscripting.
fatal:["Execute.c":8567]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 245 in
file $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/wrf/WRFUserARW.ncl

fatal:["Execute.c":8567]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 51 in file
wind_climatology_850hpa_all_files.ncl

fatal:Undefined identifier: (uu2) is undefined, can't continue
fatal:["Execute.c":8567]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 53 in file
wind_climatology_850hpa_all_files.ncl

fatal:Undefined identifier: (vv2) is undefined, can't continue
fatal:["Execute.c":8567]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 54 in file
wind_climatology_850hpa_all_files.ncl

fatal:Variable (u_plane2) is undefined
fatal:["Execute.c":8567]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 55 in file
wind_climatology_850hpa_all_files.ncl

fatal:Dimension size mismatch, dimension (0) of left hand side reference
does not have the same size as the right hand side reference after
subscripting.
fatal:["Execute.c":8567]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 245 in
file $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/wrf/WRFUserARW.ncl

fatal:["Execute.c":8567]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 83 in file
wind_climatology_850hpa_all_files.ncl

fatal:Dimension size mismatch, dimension (0) of left hand side reference
does not have the same size as the right hand side reference after
subscripting.
fatal:["Execute.c":8567]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 245 in
file $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/wrf/WRFUserARW.ncl

fatal:["Execute.c":8567]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 84 in file
wind_climatology_850hpa_all_files.ncl

fatal:Undefined identifier: (uu5) is undefined, can't continue
fatal:["Execute.c":8567]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 86 in file
wind_climatology_850hpa_all_files.ncl

fatal:Undefined identifier: (vv5) is undefined, can't continue
fatal:["Execute.c":8567]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 87 in file
wind_climatology_850hpa_all_files.ncl

fatal:Variable (u_plane5) is undefined
fatal:["Execute.c":8567]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 88 in file
wind_climatology_850hpa_all_files.ncl