[ncl-talk] exponential format for label bar

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Tue Mar 21 12:51:30 MDT 2017

Zhifeng,

I still can't reproduce this problem using the numbers you gave me.  I get
exponential labels by default, using either a vertical or horizontal
labelbar.

Can you try the attached program and let me know what you get?

It would help if I can get your data and script.

If you are calling gsn_csm_contour or gsn_csm_contour_map, then you can set
the following special resource:

res at gsnDebugWriteFileName = "formary"

and it will cause the data that is being contoured to be written to a
NetCDF file called "formary.nc", and it will create a pared down NCL script
that you can send me called formary.ncl.

You can send me the two files offline if you like, or use our ftp:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/report_bug.shtml#HowToFTP