[ncl-talk] Question about regrid 1) different commands get different results; 2)input emission amount or emission intensity

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Sat Mar 4 09:09:00 MST 2017

I have nor run your script.

I am not sure what you mean "results are different." The three methods are
different.

(a) linint2 takes the 4 nearest source grid locations and does a bilinear
interpolation.
(b) does some form of 'global' area conservation
(c) does a local area average

Hence, I am not surprised that they return different results.

===
Attached is a script that uses ESMF regridding via bilinear, patch and
conserve methods.

 If you run the script you will also get a nc fil with the interpolated
grids

Good Luck