[ncl-talk] How to plot detailed map of Korea's county using NCL

Dave Allured - NOAA Affiliate dave.allured at noaa.gov
Wed Jun 7 13:05:03 MDT 2017

Zhuming,

An easy way is to download a shapefile containing the country's state
outlines.  Here is one possible source.  There are other sources:

    http://www.gadm.org

Then overlay the shape file onto your data plot.  Here is NCL documentation
and examples for how to use shapefiles.  To simplify your own program, use
the function gsn_add_shapefile_polylines if possible:

    http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/shapefiles.shtml

--Dave