[ncl-talk] Help with line labels

Laura Fowler laura at ucar.edu
Fri Dec 15 16:16:16 MST 2017

Hello:

I have been fussing for quite a while on how to draw labels on the
contour line of the attached plot. The 3 contours show the resolution
of my variable-resolution mesh. The red, blue, and black contours
correspond to a resolution of 4.8 km, 9.6, and 14.4 km, respectively.
I am not understanding why I am unable to add at least one label per
contour?

sres = True

sres at gsnDraw          = False
sres at gsnFrame         = False
sres at gsnMaximize      = False
sres at cnFillMode       = "AreaFill"
sres at cnFillOn         = False
sres at cnLinesOn        = True
sres at cnLineLabelsOn   = True
sres at cnLineThicknessF = 3.4
sres at cnInfoLabelOn    = False

sres at cnLevelSelectionMode = "ExplicitLevels"
sres at cnLevels             = (/4.8,9.6,14.4/)
sres at cnMonoLineColor      = False
sres at cnLineColors         = (/"red","blue","black"/)
sres at cnMonoLevelFlag      = True
sres at cnLevelFlag         = "LineAndLabel"

There must be something I am missing, or I am getting confused between
sres at cnLevelFlag and sres at cnLevelFlags, but I just can't make it work?
I know that it may be a little finnicky to add labels at times, ....
Would somebody be able to help me out so that I do not have to add
those labels in PowerPoint. If interested, my entire ncl script is in
/glade2/scratch2/laura/MPAS.PacificOcean/plots.centeredPacificOceanMesh.15-3km.20151129-20151231
(see global_mean.precipitation.ncl).

Many thanks,
Laura

--