[ncl-talk] Plotting polygons on xy plot [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Griffith Young griffith.young at bom.gov.au
Thu Apr 20 17:44:26 MDT 2017

Another way to do this that doesn't involve creating a "dum2" variable is to use "unique_string" to create a unique name, and then use this unique name as an attribute to any variable that holds the return value from gsn_add_polygon. I usually use the "plot" variable:

 plot@$unique_string("polygon")$ = gsn_add_polygon(wks,plot_without_ygrid,xbar,ybar,bres)

Hopefully by fixing this, your other issues with colors will resolve themselves.

--Mary

Hello Mary,
                Thank you for this very creative solution.  I can see where this could be used in so many other places.

                Very much appreciated!

Regards,
                Griff.

Griffith Young | SITOC
[cid:409470105 at 28052013-3564]
Research and Development Branch
Bureau of Meteorology
GPO Box 1289 Melbourne VIC 3001
Level 9, 700 Collins Street, Docklands VIC 3008
Tel: +61 3 9616 8381 | G.Young at bom.gov.au<mailto:G.Young at bom.gov.au>
www.bom.gov.au<http://www.bom.gov.au/> - cawcr.gov.au - poama.bom.gov.au