[ncl-talk] Fwd: error when run ncl

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Sun Apr 2 12:05:55 MDT 2017

Dear Aida Farughy,

In the future, please post questions like this to our NCL installation
email list, ncl-install at ucar.edu:

It sounds to me like you may have an older version of LINUX than the binary
that you downloaded was built under. Sometimes downloading a different
LINUX binary is all it takes.

If you google this error, I see multiple references to this having to do
with people that have Ubuntu version 14.x, and that upgrading to 16.x
seemed to fix the problem.

However, you may want to first consider installing NCL via "conda":

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/conda.shtml

If you don't want to use conda, then in order to help, I need to know which
NCL binary you downloaded, and the output from these two commands:

gcc --version
lsb_release -d

--Mary