[ncl-talk] color connection with levels

Beata Szabo szabo.b at czechglobe.cz
Wed Sep 28 14:30:36 MDT 2016

Dear NCL users,

I have some model outputs about 31 climate zones. The climate zones are
denoted by integers from 1 to 31, but the outputs does not contain every
zone. E.g. one output has levels (zones): 1,3,4,5,6,11,12...etc. I would
like to create a panel plot about them. I produced a rgb color table which
contains 31 colors. If I create one plot about one output by:

  res at cnLevelSelectionMode  = "ManualLevels"
  res at cnMinLevelValF        = 1
  res at cnMaxLevelValF        = 31
  res at cnLevelSpacingF       = 1
  res at cnFillPalette         = cmap(1:31,:)

the colors are sifted. I would like to match the levels with the color
index. I mean the first level will be denoted with the first color and if
one level is missing the corresponding color should not be used in the
plot. Could you please help me how I can match the levels with the colors?

Thank you for your help in advance!
Beata

Dr. Beata Szabo-Takacs
Global Change Research Institute CAS