[ncl-talk] dimension error in gsn_csm.ncl

Gurer, Kemal@ARB kemal.gurer at arb.ca.gov
Mon Nov 7 10:40:43 MST 2016

Dear all,

I am trying to plot several cross sections from "u.nc" netcdf file that I created using "u_mpas_to_latlon.ncl" file (attached) using "u.cross.ncl" ncl file that I adapted from narr_6.ncl file. The error output of the ncl file and the ncdump information of "u.nc" file are also attached. I created the u-variable with (time, lev, lat, lon) dimensions, but I am passing the u-variable to the plot routine at constant time steps, so the first dimension of the variable is "lev". Yet, the gsn_csm.ncl file complains that "the first dimension of the input data must have a coordinate variable called 'lev.'". Could you help me to identify where I am doing wrong? What changes do I need to make in "u.cross.ncl" file and/or in "u_mpas_lat_lon.ncl" file during the creation of u.nc file?

I appreciate any help. Thank you.

Kemal.