[ncl-talk] gsn_contour_shade

Buzan, Jonathan R jbuzan at purdue.edu
Mon Nov 7 10:17:02 MST 2016

Hi David,

It turns out that I cannot use any of the contour resources with ‘gsn_contour_shade’.
What I figured out to do was to not even do the ‘gsn_contour_shade’ step, and put transparencies.

    res2 at cnFillPatterns = (/-1,-1,17,17,17,17,17,17/)
    res2 at cnFillScales = (/10., 10., 1., 1., 1., 1., 1., 1./)
    plots1 = gsn_csm_contour(wks,tmp_var1(:,:),res2)
;    plots1  = gsn_contour_shade(plots1,minshade,maxshade,opt)

-Jonathan