[ncl-talk] gsn_contour_shade

David Brown dbrown at ucar.edu
Fri Nov 4 16:25:59 MDT 2016

You may actually want to use cnFillScaleF, the scalar resource that
applies to all fill pattern instances in the plot when cnMonoFillScale
is set True (the default).
cnFillScales is the companion array resource that allows you to set
different fill scalings (densities) for each contour fill level. For
it to apply you need to set cnMonoFillScale to False.
For stipple fill in particular you might also want to be aware of
cnFillDotSizeF if you are not already.
 -dave