[ncl-talk] large ESMF regrid intermediate files

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Thu Jul 14 16:06:48 MDT 2016

Hi Katelyn,

You are using an older version of NCL (and hence ESMF_RegridWeightGen) that
doesn't allow you to write NetCDF4 files, which is required in your case in
order to handle the large variable size.

If you can upgrade to NCL V6.2.1 or V6.3.0, then the ESMF regridding
package allows you to write NetCDF4 by adding this option:

opt at NetCDFType = "netcdf4"

--Mary