[ncl-talk] Opendap retrieve only a subset of data

Rick Brownrigg brownrig at ucar.edu
Mon Jul 11 10:33:29 MDT 2016

Hi Ugo,

Apologies for the delay in reply.  I don't know the issue for certain, but
I think the query syntax should something more like this:

"
http://nomads.ncep.noaa.gov:9090/dods/gfs_0p25/gfs20160701/gfs_0p25_00z?lon[9],lat[40],tmp2m[0:80][40][9]

This seemed to work for me -- I got the time-series at the point 40N, 9E.
What I could not do was use wild-card notation for specifying I wanted all
times, e.g.,    tmp2m[:][40][9].   The syntax seems to accept only explicit
single-values, or a start:stop pair,  or a start:stop:stride tuplet.   That
means I had to look at the metadata of the source file first to know how
many time values were present -- a nuisance at best and a potential source
of error at worst.

I hope that helps...
Rick