[ncl-talk] Possible bug with SPEI function?

Tam, Benita (EC/EC) benita.tam at canada.ca
Mon Feb 22 09:11:04 MST 2016

Hi,

I am trying to calculate SPEI using the SPEI function in NCL with gridded data, but when I run the script, I get an error message saying that the subscripts must be one dimensional. This is expected for data for one location, but not for gridded data. My sample script is attached (it's basically the same as the example provided with the function).

NCL version: 6.3.0
Script (see attached)
Error message: fatal:Illegal subscript. Subscripts must be scalar or one dimensional vectors
Url for netcdf data: http://ccds-dscc.ec.gc.ca/files/cmip5/pr/pr_Amon_ensemble_historical_190001-200512.nc

Thanks,
Benita