[ncl-talk] help using res and res2

Laura Fowler laura at ucar.edu
Fri Apr 29 09:08:29 MDT 2016

Hello:

I am trying to plot the same string "tiMainString", one using
"res at tiMainString =" for the title of a global plot and one using
"res2 at tiMainString =" for the title of a regional plot centered over
CONUS. At the top of my ncl script, I set res2 = res. I do not have
any issue plotting the global and regional fields using
res at gsnLeftString and res2 at gsnLeftString, but:

I am able to plot the correct main title for the global map using
res at tiMainString but for the regional map using res2 at tiMainString, I
get a "2" for the main tile instead of the actual title. Printing
res at tiMainString before calling gsn_csm_contour_map is correct, and
the regional pdf file is correct as well, besides the main title? I am
not sure what is going on, and why the correct "res2" title is not
plotted correctly.

My script is in
/glade/scratch/laura/MPASprojects.2016/2016-04-26_00/plots/plots_mpas.t2m.mynn38.ncl

Thanks,
Laura

--
Laura D. Fowler