[ncl-talk] adding a text

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Sun Apr 3 10:49:43 MDT 2016

Geeta,

Please continue to respond to the original thread of your original email,
rather than starting a new email for a question about the same script.
This makes it easier for us to look at your original code again to see
where the problem is.

You didn't include the script, and in the previous script, you had
commented out the shapefile code, so now I'm not sure what your code looks
like.

Also, I'm not sure what you mean by "my domains", but I assume it has
something to do with wrf_wps_dom.

The wrf_wps_dom function is an internal function that the WRF folks added,
and is not one that we officially advertise, so I don't know much about it.

It looks to me like this code is meant to be used as a standalone function
where all the drawing occurs inside the function.  Once you leave the
function, the "mp" variable that is returned no longer has any of the text
or lines attached.

I created a modified version of this function in which all the text and
lines are attached to the "mp" variable, and hence "live" outside the
function.   I don't know if it will work in your case, but it worked on a
small case I tried.

You will need to load the "wrf_wps_dom_mod.ncl" near the top of your script:

load "./wrf_wps_dom_mod.ncl"

and then call "wrf_wps_dom_mod" in place of "wrf_wps_dom".

I've CC'ed wrfhelp in case they have a suggestion of a better way to do
this.

--Mary