[ncl-talk] Panel plots not showing up

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Mon May 18 09:31:03 MDT 2015

At first I thought the problem was with the "delete" plot lines:

  delete(plotA)                                 ;otherwise all 10 will
overlay on each other
  delete(plotB)

But I did a little test, and it worked for me, whether I deleted the plots
are not. Still, you might try commenting out the delete calls to see if
this helps.

To save yourself a few lines of code, you shouldn't need "plotA"; this
should work fine:

do i=0,dimsizes(te0inds)-1
  plot(i) = gsn_csm_contour_map(wks,phi(te0inds(i),3,:,:),res)
  plotB = gsn_csm_contour(wks,wspd925(te0inds(i),:,:),wres)
  overlay(plot(i),plotB)                      ; result will be plotA
  delete(plotB)
end do

Are you getting any kind of error message?  I couldn't tell from your
script if there were any issues.

Usually if I have problems with gsn_panel, I try drawing one or more of the
plots individually to make sure they're not blank.  Right before the
gsn_panel calls, try:

do i=0,dimsizes(te0inds)-1
  draw(plot(i))
  frame(wks)