[ncl-talk] question about drawing a contour plot

jaein song jaein_song at yonsei.ac.kr
Sun Mar 29 09:52:51 MDT 2015

I've been tried using 1-dimensional data with sfXArray and sfYArray.
and then, the result was like figure below.
[image: 본문 이미지 1]
I think, this is a result of automatically interpolated data.

how should I remove those polygons?
I want that the figure appears like figure of former e-mail with coordinate
like this figure.

for this script, below was changed.

         do pi=0,np-1                                    ;DO LOOP #4 PIN->TH

                                hfp             = mod(pin(pi),nh)
            ;??? nh? nh-1? not sure if nh and nt start from 0 or 1
                                tfp             = (pin(pi)-hfp)/nh
                                ;hco(pi)                =h(hfp)
                                hco(pi)         = h(hfp)/1000
                                tco(pi)         = t(tfp)/86400*24
                                ;zup(pin(pi))   = zp(pi)
                        end do

  res at sfXArray             = tco
  res at sfYArray             = hco
  res at trXMaxF              = 24
  res at trXMinF              = 0
  res at trYMaxF              =  15
  res at trYMinF              =0
  res at lbOrientation        = "Vertical"
  res at tiXAxisString        = "time(hour)"
  res at tiYAxisString        = "height(m)"
  res at tmXBLabelsOn        = True
  res at tmYLLabelsOn        = True
  plot = gsn_csm_contour(wks1,zp,res)