[ncl-talk] high resolution png image

Micah Sklut micahs2005 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 08:58:51 MDT 2014

Hi,

This is a follow up to my previous posts, in reference to searching for
high resolution images that could be used as zooming/navigating (specific
interest is with image tile layers).

I figured if I created a png file with a high resolution, it would be able
to capture the high detail, like with coastlines and so forth.
I've attached an image with very high resolution (16384x16384), but as you
can see, if you zoom the global image into the coastlines they are
extremely blocky.

Is is possible to capture high resolution features, such as coastlines in a
global raster image with NCL?

FYI, I tried the vector image route, but the file size was gigantic, so
that didn't seem like a proper route.

Thank you,

--
Micah Sklut