[ncl-talk] 2 color bars

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Thu Oct 16 09:51:22 MDT 2014

Hi Laura,
Turning gsnPanelLabelBar  = True in the panel resource list will only draw
one label bar I believe. I think the solution would be to set both res and
sres at lbLabelBarOn = True right before you create plot(1), set
resP at gsnPanelLabelBar = False, and you might have to add white space at the
bottom of your panel plot by setting resP at gsnPanelBottom = 0.10 (or 0.15).

If that doesn't work let ncl-talk know..
Adam

On Thu, Oct 16, 2014 at 9:16 AM, Laura Fowler <laura at ucar.edu> wrote:

> Hi:
>
> I am trying to put two color bars with their own title at the bottom
> of a panel plot. Each individual plot show the top-of-the-atmosphere
> OLR with a gray scale to which I overlay a radar reflectivity. I do
> not have issues when I only have one plot but do have issues when I
> use a panel plot. The second color bar does not show and the title of
> either color bar shows either. Looks like there is confusion between
> "res", "sres", and "resP". Also I am trying to keep the plots as big
> as possible.
>
> I am attaching the source code, and the pdf I have with 2 panels. I
> would really appreciate if somebody could tell me what I need to
> change. The source code is plots.lwupt2_daily.ncl and the
> corresponding pdf file is lwupt.pdf.
>
> Thanks,
> Laura
>

> --

> Laura D. Fowler
> Mesoscale and Microscale Meteorology Division (MMM)
> P.O. Box 3000, Boulder CO 80307-3000
>
> e-mail: laura at ucar.edu
> phone: 303-497-1628

Adam Phillips
Associate Scientist,  Climate and Global Dynamics Division, NCAR