[ncl-talk] Triangle color bar

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Wed Jul 30 08:24:42 MDT 2014

Hi Michael,

I've never seen this kind of color bar before, and there's no automated way
to do this in NCL.

On sort of a related note, you might check out the "Evans plot" to see if
this is at all useful:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/evans.shtml

You can also see our basic color map page, which shows a color wheel:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/colormap.shtml

I don't know if these are at all adaptable to doing a triangular-style
color bar, but maybe they will help you with other ideas for displaying
your data.

I will create a ticket on this just in case.

--Mary