[ncl-install] ncl installation

Karin Meier-Fleischer meier-fleischer at dkrz.de
Wed Sep 29 01:43:26 MDT 2021

Please, reply to the mailing list to keep others up to date.

I hope you mean the .hluresfile file ;)

You have to add the bin directory to the PATH environment variable -
read https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/install_from_binary.shtml
You can find all information what is need in the documentation.

"...
Given your UNIX shell and using "/usr/local/ncl-6.6.2" as an example
path, here's which "dot" file to edit and what lines to add (use a UNIX
editor to make the changes):

*csh/tcsh* (the file might be ".cshrc" or ".tcshrc"):

     setenv NCARG_ROOT /usr/local/ncl-6.6.2
     setenv PATH $NCARG_ROOT/bin:$PATH

..."

-Karin