[ncl-install] Fwd: installation tests work but ncargf90 does not run

Simon J Mason simon at iri.columbia.edu
Mon Jul 19 11:13:35 MDT 2021

I have successfully installed NCAR Graphics on ubuntu using anaconda, as

per the recommendation. The following commands all performed as they
should:

   ncl -V
   ncl $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclex/gsun/gsun02n.ncl
   ncl $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclex/nug/NUG_multi_timeseries.ncl

However, if I try to run ncargf90 on this new installation, I get a long
error message
ultimately saying:

/home/conda/feedstock_root/build_artifacts/ncl_1602173391809/_build_env/bin/x86_64-conda-linux-gnu-gfortran:
Command not found.

I do not seem to have a /home/conda directory, and am new to Anaconda.

Please advise.

Many thanks,

Simon Mason

Senior Research Scientist
Chief Climate Scientist

Tel   : +1 845 680 4514          IRI, Columbia University
Fax   : +1 845 680 4865          61 Route 9W, PO Box 1000
E-mail:simon at iri.columbia.edu    Palisades, NY 10964-8000
WWW   :http://iri.columbia.edu/contact/staff-directory/simon-mason/

Ἆρα σύ, ὦ Σώκρατες, ὁ φροντιστὴς ἐπικαλούμενος;
Οὐκοῦν κάλλιον, ἔφη, ἢ εἰ ἀφρόντιστος ἐκαλούμην.
Εἰ μή γε ἐδόκεις τῶν μετεώρων φροντιστὴς εἶναι.

Xenophon