[ncl-install] GKS ERROR NUMBER -208 and GKS ERROR NUMBER 25

Christopher Wrenn wrenn at hawaii.edu
Mon Aug 23 18:04:22 MDT 2021

Aloha!

When I tried to re-install Cygwin/X, it seems that it loads only a few
packages. The first http that I chose only had two packages. One of the
next that I chose had 4 packages loaded: libgcc, libgmp, libmpfr6, and
libstdc++6.

One other thing that I noticed that was different between the User's manual
and the procedures that I experienced was that there was never offered a
window where I could select the option Unix/binary window. Not sure what
the problem is.

Any suggestions would be appreciated as I need to arrange the nests in wrf
before I can start conducting experiments.

One thing that is stated is that when setup-x86_64.exe is issued in the
future, more packages can be added. How do I add packages? The X icon never
appears, yet the cygwin shell seems present as a prompt $ is given. Mostly,
all it does, when it sees some command that it doesn't know is to remind
the viewer that it is a --bash shell. When I type $xterm &, it returns [1]
1881, but that's about it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris