[ncl-install] issue after installation

Nitish Nekkanti bahamut2442 at gmail.com
Sat May 23 20:11:22 MDT 2020

I have installed the NCL package using conda on my linux machine (Ubuntu).
The first two commands to test NCL after the installation show the expected
results. The third command (ncl
$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclex/nug/NUG_multi_timeseries.ncl) is not showing
the expected image as the result. it shows the following text in the
terminal only:

Copyright (C) 1995-2019 - All Rights Reserved
 NCAR Command Language Version 6.6.2
 The use of this software is governed by a License Agreement.
 See http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/ for more details.

What are the reasons that it is not showing the graph and how to fix it?