[ncl-install] Conda activate ncl_stable returns - fi: Command not found.

Karin Meier-Fleischer meier-fleischer at dkrz.de
Thu May 7 01:43:12 MDT 2020

Hi Kevin,

I'm using tcsh and conda is an alias to miniconda3/etc/profile.d/conda.csh.

Installing other software doesn't make any trouble.

Stay healthy!
Karin

Am 06.05.20 um 21:22 schrieb Kevin Hallock:
> Hi Karin,
>
> Thank you for letting us know about this!
>
> Which shell are you using? When a conda environment is activated, conda runs “source $CONDA_PREFIX/etc/conda/ncl-activate.sh” under the hood to set NCARG_ROOT automatically. This post-activate script is written with Bash syntax, although it should work for any shell that is Bash-compatible.
>
> A PyNGL conda environment will experience the same issue because it has a dependency on the NCL package, which is what contains the activate script.
>
> Thanks again,
> Kevin
>
>> On May 6, 2020, at 5:44 AM, Karin Meier-Fleischer via ncl-install <ncl-install at ucar.edu> wrote:
>>
>> Same for pyngl installation

>> fi: Command not found.
>>

>> Am 06.05.20 um 13:21 schrieb Karin Meier-Fleischer via ncl-install:
>>> Hi,
>>> after installing NCL 6.6.2 with miniconda on a new MacBook (mac OS 10.15.4) it results in a warning
>>> fi: Command not found.
>>> 6.6.2
>>> It seems to work but just to mention it here.
>>> Ciao,
>>> Karin

Dipl. Geophys. Karin Meier-Fleischer
Visualization, NCL, CDO, PyNgl, Python
Application Support

Deutsches Kilmarechenzentrum GmbH (DKRZ)

Phone:     +49 (0)40 - 460094 126
Fax:       +49 (0)40 - 460094 270
E-Mail:    meier-fleischer at dkrz.de

Geschäftsführer: Prof. Thomas Ludwig