[ncl-install] problem in installing NCL using conda

Kevin Hallock hallock at ucar.edu
Wed Mar 25 15:06:43 MDT 2020

Hi Sangeeta,

I’m sorry for the inconvenience, it seems there was an incompatibility between certain dependency libraries on conda-forge. A new version of the NCL package is now available and can be installed by running the following commands:

conda activate ncl_stable # substitute your environment name here if it's not "ncl_stable"
conda update --all -c conda-forge
ncl -V

Please let us know if updating to the newest build of NCL doesn’t fix the problem.

Thanks,
Kevin