[ncl-install] Install Error - Library not loaded

Vincentius Sebastian Utama vutama at wisc.edu
Thu Mar 19 09:50:03 MDT 2020

Hi,

I have just installed Anaconda 2020.02 (with Python 3.7) and NCL on my MacOS 10.15.3. When I downloaded NCL through the MacOS terminal by typing: conda create -n ncl_stable -c conda-forge ncl, I had conda version 4.8.2.

After installing NCL, I typed in: conda activate ncl_stable

However, when I wanted to test NCL and typed: ncl -V. The terminal returned the following: dyld: Library not loaded: /opt/X11/lib/libcairo.2.dylib
  Referenced from: /Users/vincentiussebastianutama/opt/anaconda3/envs/ncl_stable/bin/ncl
  Reason: image not found
Abort trap: 6

Then I updated conda to version 4.8.3 and tested by typing: ncl -V. However, I still received the same error message.

I would appreciate any suggestions on the matter. Thank you for your time.

Best,
Sebastian