[ncl-install] Problem with plotting map (a gap line appears)

孙珊珊 suns at ynu.edu.cn
Fri Apr 3 00:00:20 MDT 2020

Dear all,

Have you ever encountered the problem that when you are trying to plot a map, and there is a gap line appears in the figures (figure is attached here)? I think it is because that the beginning and the ending longitudes of the data are different. I have searched through the web and so far no luck. Could anyone provide any insights regarding solving this problem?

I have not set res at gsnAddCyclic = False. I have tried to set "res at gsnAddCyclic = True" , still it did not work. I have also searched the web and find one suggestion:

Replace line: plot2   = gsn_csm_contour(wks,alphat_low_summer, res2) > by this: plot2   = gsn_csm_contour(wks,gsn_add_ > cyclic_point(alphat_low_summer), res2)
This suggestion did not work in my case either.

Could anyone provide some insights?

Regards,

Shanshan Sun