[ncl-install] Difficulty installing NCL

Stephen Walsh walsh124 at vt.edu
Thu Sep 13 09:40:36 MDT 2018

Hello,

I followed all of the instructions on the Installing NCL with condo page: https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/conda.shtml <https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/conda.shtml>
Both of the following were run without issue:

  conda create -n ncl_stable -c conda-forge ncl
  source activate ncl_stable
However, when I test my NCL using  "ncl -V”, I receive the following:

Stephens-MacBook-Pro:~ stevewalsh$ source activate ncl_stable
(ncl_stable) Stephens-MacBook-Pro:~ stevewalsh$ ncl -V
dyld: Library not loaded: /opt/X11/lib/libcairo.2.dylib
  Referenced from: /anaconda3/envs/ncl_stable/bin/ncl
  Reason: image not found
Abort trap: 6
(ncl_stable) Stephens-MacBook-Pro:~ stevewalsh$

Any help to resolve this is appreciated. I am running on a MacOS High Sierra Version 10.13.6 from the Terminal.

Thank you,
Steve