[ncl-install] installing ncl

Karin Meier-Fleischer meier-fleischer at dkrz.de
Fri May 12 03:03:03 MDT 2017

Hi Petroula,

first, the new NCL version is 6.4.0., you should always install the
newest version.

Are you sure you are using the bash shell? The 'source' command is a
built-in command of csh/tcsh. If

   echo $SHELL

returns something like /bin/bash you should do

   .  ~/.bashrc

(instead of source you have to use the point) to load the content of the
.bashrc file.

If this is not working are you sure that you installed NCL to
/usr/local/ncl-6.3.0? Do a

    ls -la /usr/local/ncl-6.3.0/bin

to see if ncl is there.

Bye,