[ncl-install] NCL installation using homebrew not working

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Tue Mar 28 08:40:30 MDT 2017

Dear Anne-Katrine,

Your email to ncl-install at ucar.edu didn't go through because need to
subscribe before you can email the list:

We are not the maintainers of the NCL homebrew package, so I don't know
what version of NCL it is trying to install or which file it is trying to
link to.

I'm guessing that the homebrew version of NCL might be an older one. We
just released NCL Version 6.4.0 and I recommend installing this version.
You can use the "conda" package manager, which is supported by us. The
conda instructions are here:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/conda.shtml

If you continue to have problems installing NCL, please subscribe to
ncl-install and email your questions to ncl-install at ucar.edu

Thank you and good luck!

--Mary