[ncl-install] Need help

Chandra Sekar chanspace2020 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 16:15:37 MDT 2017

Hi

I need to plot two simple XY plots.

First plot the Y axis values are between 240 to 280 and my second plot Y
axis values are between 200 to 280.

I need to plot these two figures in common Y axis range so that I can show
the difference in two plots values.

For example, I need to fix the Y axis for both plots is between 180 to 300.
But the plot coming with different Y axis values.

I tried with res at tmYLMode= Auto, Manual, and Explicit, but I couldn't fix
the common Y axis range.

Also I read from NCL website even we use any options in res at tmYLMode Y axis
range fall between *tmYLDataBottomF*
<https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Resources/tm.shtml#tmYLDataBottomF>
and *tmYLDataTopF*
<https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Resources/tm.shtml#tmYLDataTopF>
.

I have attached the two plots

In plot 1 the Y axis range from  240 to 290 K
In plot 2 the Y axis range from 200 to 300 K

I used these option in my script
res at tmYLMode="Explicit"
res at tmYLValues=(/180,200,220,240,260,280,300/)
res at tmYLLabels=res at tmYLValues

Even I fixed my Y axis between 180 to 300. My both plot coming with
different Y axis range.

Please help me how to fix the Y axis range even the data doesn't have the
values.