[ncl-install] Problem installing NCL using conda

Justin Vrooman vroomanj at egr.msu.edu
Thu Aug 4 08:00:39 MDT 2016

Hello all:

I have installed NCL using the following conda command:

conda install --channel dbrown --channel khallock ncl

(from: http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/conda.shtml)

However, when I try to run ncl I get the following error:

ncl: error while loading shared libraries: libnetcdf.so.11: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

BUT, when I try to update libnetcdf.so.11:

conda install -c dbrown libnetcdf=4.4.0

I get the following conflict:

The following specifications were found to be in conflict:
   - libnetcdf 4.4.0*
   - ncl -> libnetcdf 4.3.3.1

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Thanks,
- Justin