[ncl-install] warning:TextItem:libncarg Error:PLCHHQ/PCFRED - ERROR READING PWRITX DATABASE

Ciara O'Hara cohara1985 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 21 08:41:13 MST 2014

Hi all, I am getting the error message above (along with a whole stream of others-see below) when I go to create a contour map plot. I have run the same script on a different machine (with a different version of linux) and it works perfectly, so it isn't the script. I suspect it has something to do with my installation of ncl on this operating system.

I am running fedora 20 and installed ncl by just using: sudo yum install ncl. I'll post the errors in full below (I get the first two many times, too many to count!):

warning:TextItem:libncarg Error:PLCHHQ/PCFRED - ERROR READING PWRITX DATABASE
warning:TextItem:libncarg Error:PLCHHQ/PCFOPN - ERROR OPENING PWRITX DATA FILE /usr/lib/ncarg/database/PlotcharData
usr/lib/ncarg/database/PlotcharData
fatal:MapV40DHClassPartInit: cannot open map data file: NhlMapData
fatal:MapV40DHClassPartInit: error initializing map outline records
fatal:Unable to initialize layer-Can't Create
fatal:Unable to access object with id:-4
fatal:PID #-4 can't be found in NhlSetValues
fatal:NhlGetValues:PID #-4 is invalid
fatal:["Execute.c":8128]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 6492 in file /usr/share/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_csm.ncl

fatal:["Execute.c":8128]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 7313 in file /usr/share/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_csm.ncl

fatal:["Execute.c":8128]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 10515 in file /usr/share/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_csm.ncl

fatal:["Execute.c":8128]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 65 in file /home/cohara2/contour_map_script.ncl

Any help would be appreciated,

Best Regards,
Ciara