[ncl-install] Installing NCL

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Wed Dec 4 12:24:38 MST 2013

Hi Lisa,

Did you start an X/Cygwin window rather than just a Cygwin window? This is very important if you are going to display NCL graphics to an X11 window.

Please read over these documents for information on starting an X/Cygwin window:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/cygwin.shtml#RunCygwinX
http://x.cygwin.com/docs/ug/using.html

If you continue to have problems, please be specific about how you are trying to start X/Cygwin. You may want to send an email to the Cygwin folks if you can't seem to get the window opened.

--Mary