[mpas-developers] request to merge lateral_boundary branch to the trunk

Michael Duda duda at ucar.edu
Tue May 4 11:05:53 MDT 2010

Hi, Todd.

Actually, I've only made minimal changes to the hydrostatic
atmosphere core to handle the 'garbage' cell nCells+1; but, those
changes don't appear to have any negative effects.

I think one step that could help us in testing would be to bring
the lateral_boundary_conditions up to date with respect to the
trunk, so that the differences in the branch are exactly those we
will be proposing to make to the trunk. I've just started
experimenting with a diff tool yesterday evening, so I could try
to produce a set up updates to the branch that would bring it up
to date, and I could place those updates somewhere accessible to
other developers; if those updates pass inspection, I could commit
them. Does this sound like a reasonable approach?

Cheers,
Michael