[Met_help] [RAL-IT #103168] History for stat_analysis help for ensemble output

Julie Prestopnik via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Wed Mar 2 08:34:16 MST 2022

Good morning,

I’m working on ensemble verification using MET v9.1.  I’ve successfully run ensemble-stat on my forecast fields, however, I now want to aggregate statistics over a time period using stat-analysis, particularly for ECNT, SSVAR, RHIST line types.  The MET documentation says you can use aggregate-stat to generate these output types using ORANK line types as input.  Is this correct?  Or should I just use the aggregate option (documentation says that you can aggregate for the line types I’m interested in as well)?

In my ensemble-stat config file, I set the output_flag for orank= BOTH, however, I noticed that I only have orank netcdf files, not txt files.  I believe I would need the *orank*.txt files for running aggregate-stat?

Thanks for your help,
Juli