[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #96589] History for how to resolve the ��ERROR : mtd_read_data() -> unable to get data plane at time 0 �� when run the mtd ?

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Thu Mar 18 11:02:51 MDT 2021

This transaction appears to have no content

Subject: how to resolve the ��ERROR :   mtd_read_data() -> unable to get data plane at time 0 �� when run the mtd ?
From: Julie Prestopnik
Time: Tue Sep 08 11:31:53 2020

I have assigned this ticket to Randy Bullock.  Please allow a few
business
days for a response.

Julie

--
Julie Prestopnik (she/her/hers)
Software Engineer
Email: jpresto at ucar.edu

My working day may not be your working day.  Please do not feel
obliged to

From: Randy Bullock
Time: Wed Sep 16 10:08:36 2020

Hello -

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Anyway, can you send me the command line you used to run mode time
domain?

Also, the netcdf files you sent contain only one time step.  Are these
two
files just representative examples of your data, or are they the whole
thing?

Thanks

Randy

From: Li Zhenghui
Time: Wed Sep 16 10:37:13 2020

hi, Randy
thanks for your reply!
maybe you didn't receive my original email, the details have been
included in my original email.
the two files attached are just two representative files, the one
belongs to 'forecast file' and the other belongs to 'observation
file'.
The command line when I run mtd is:

./mtd -fcst br528_SC_0.1_0.1_hour* \
> -obs bs594_SC_0.1_0.1_hour* \
> -config MTDConfig_20200906 \
> -v 1

The -fcst files contain 7 hourly files, they are:
br528_SC_0.1_0.1_hour2015083100.nc
br528_SC_0.1_0.1_hour2015083101.nc
br528_SC_0.1_0.1_hour2015083102.nc
br528_SC_0.1_0.1_hour2015083103.nc
br528_SC_0.1_0.1_hour2015083104.nc
br528_SC_0.1_0.1_hour2015083105.nc
br528_SC_0.1_0.1_hour2015083106.ncthe 7 nc files are converted from a
".pp format" file by python, then regridded by "cdo", and splitted to
7 seperate hourly files by "cdo".

Here is the information of the
file br528_SC_0.1_0.1_hour2015083100.nc:

The -obs files contain 7 hourly files, they are:
bs594_SC_0.1_0.1_hour2015083100.nc
bs594_SC_0.1_0.1_hour2015083101.nc
bs594_SC_0.1_0.1_hour2015083102.nc
bs594_SC_0.1_0.1_hour2015083103.nc
bs594_SC_0.1_0.1_hour2015083104.nc
bs594_SC_0.1_0.1_hour2015083105.nc
bs594_SC_0.1_0.1_hour2015083106.nc

the 7 nc files are also converted from a ".pp format" file by python,
then regridded by "cdo", and splitted to 7 seperate hourly files by
"cdo".

Here is the information of the filebs594_SC_0.1_0.1_hour2015083100.nc:

Thank you very much!

Zhenghui Li

From: Randy Bullock
Time: Thu Sep 17 12:34:31 2020

Hi Li -

I'm running mtd in the debugger with your data files and your config
file,
and the first thing I notice is that in your config file, line 58, you
are
basically telling MTD to look for a dataset named APCP, but there is
no
data named APCP in either of the two data files you attached to your
email.  That's likely  why mtd can't find the data planes.

Try fixing that and see if it works.  If not, then we'll have another
go at
it.

Thanks

Randy

On Wed, Sep 16, 2020 at 10:40 AM Li Zhenghui via RT

From: Li Zhenghui
Time: Fri Sep 18 09:28:37 2020

Randy,

I've revised the configuration file.
In the former version,
fcst = {
   field = {
      name  = "APCP";
      level = "A03";
   }

now in this version,
fcst = {
   field = {
      name  = "NA";
      level = "NA";
   }

It seems that the mtd can find the data plane now, but the new error
is

I've test some other .nc dataset, the error is analogous to it, needed
"XX" arguments for variable "XX", got "XX".

I speculate the error maybe caused by:

 1. the wrong setting : level = "NA" in the configuration file?
but I don't know how to set the argument.

 2.the self generated NC file couldn't read by mtd?

      MET can read gridded data in GRIB1, GRIB2, or 3
different flavors of NetCDF:

         (1) The "internal" NetCDF format
that looks like the output of the pcp_combine tool.

         (2) CF-compliant NetCDF3
files.

         (3) The output of the wrf_interp
utility.

       so I try to reformat the NC file by
"pcp_combine"

       my command line is :

       ./pcp_combine -add
br528_SC_0.1_0.1_hour2015083100.nc 010000
br528_SC_0.1_0.1_hour2015083100_converted.nc -field "NA"

      the error is :

   so what is reason the error "needed "XX" arguments for
variable "XX", got "XX"." generated?

   If you'd like to see the information of my input data, it
is included in the previous email.

   The new configuration file is attached.

  Thank you very much!

��ERROR : mtd_read_data() -> unab le to get data plane at time 0 ��
when run the mtd ?

Hi Li -

I'm running mtd in the debugger with your data files and your config
file,
and the first thing I notice is that in your config file, line 58, you
are
basically telling MTD to look for a dataset named APCP, but there is
no
data named APCP in either of the two data files you attached to your
email.  That's likely  why mtd can't find the data planes.

Try fixing that and see if it works.  If not, then we'll have
another go at
it.

Thanks

Randy

On Wed, Sep 16, 2020 at 10:40 AM Li Zhenghui via RT

> hi, Randy
> thanks for your reply!
> maybe you didn't receive my original email, the details have been
included
> in my original email.
> the two files attached are just two representative files, the one
belongs
> to 'forecast file' and the other belongs to 'observation file'.
> The command line when I run mtd is:
>
> ./mtd -fcst br528_SC_0.1_0.1_hour* \
> &gt; -obs bs594_SC_0.1_0.1_hour* \
> &gt; -config MTDConfig_20200906&nbsp;\
> &gt; -v 1 &nbsp;
>

> The -fcst files contain 7 hourly files, they are:
> br528_SC_0.1_0.1_hour2015083100.nc
> br528_SC_0.1_0.1_hour2015083101.nc
> br528_SC_0.1_0.1_hour2015083102.nc
> br528_SC_0.1_0.1_hour2015083103.nc
> br528_SC_0.1_0.1_hour2015083104.nc
> br528_SC_0.1_0.1_hour2015083105.nc
> br528_SC_0.1_0.1_hour2015083106.ncthe 7 nc files are converted
from a ".pp
> format" file by python, then regridded by "cdo", and splitted to
> 7&nbsp;seperate&nbsp;hourly files by "cdo".
>

> Here is the information of the file&nbsp;
> br528_SC_0.1_0.1_hour2015083100.nc:
>

> The -obs files contain 7 hourly files, they are:
> bs594_SC_0.1_0.1_hour2015083100.nc
> bs594_SC_0.1_0.1_hour2015083101.nc
> bs594_SC_0.1_0.1_hour2015083102.nc
> bs594_SC_0.1_0.1_hour2015083103.nc
> bs594_SC_0.1_0.1_hour2015083104.nc
> bs594_SC_0.1_0.1_hour2015083105.nc
> bs594_SC_0.1_0.1_hour2015083106.nc
>

> the 7 nc files are also converted from a ".pp format" file by
python, then
> regridded by "cdo", and splitted to 7 seperate hourly files by
"cdo".

> Here is the information of the
filebs594_SC_0.1_0.1_hour2015083100.nc:

> Thank you very much!
>

> Zhenghui Li

0    when run the
> mtd ?
>

> Hello -
>
> Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.
>
> Anyway, can you send me the command line you used to run mode
time domain?

> Also, the netcdf files you sent contain only one time
step.&nbsp; Are

<met_help at ucar.edu&gt;
> wrote:
>
> &gt;
> &gt; Tue Sep 08 09:36:37 2020: Request 96589 was acted upon.
> &gt; Transaction: Ticket created by dlizhenghui at qq.com

&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Queue: met_help
Subject: how to resolve the&nbsp;
> ERROR :&nbsp;&nbsp; mtd_read_data() -&gt; unable to
> &gt; get data plane at time 0&nbsp;  &nbsp;when
run the mtd ?

From: Randy Bullock
Time: Mon Sep 21 13:13:14 2020

Let me try tweaking the config file to see if I can get it to work.

Randy

<
> [...]
> > br528_SC_0.1_0.1_hour2015083105.nc
> > br528_SC_0.1_0.1_hour2015083106.ncthe 7 nc files are converted
from a
> ".pp
> > format" file by python, then regridded by "cdo", and splitted
> > 7&nbsp;seperate&nbsp;hourly files by "cdo".
> >

> > Here is the information of the file&nbsp;
> > br528_SC_0.1_0.1_hour2015083100.nc:
> >

> > The -obs files contain 7 hourly files, they are:
> > bs594_SC_0.1_0.1_hour2015083100.nc
> > bs594_SC_0.1_0.1_hour2015083101.nc
> > bs594_SC_0.1_0.1_hour2015083102.nc
> > bs594_SC_0.1_0.1_hour2015083103.nc
> > bs594_SC_0.1_0.1_hour2015083104.nc
> > bs594_SC_0.1_0.1_hour2015083105.nc
> > bs594_SC_0.1_0.1_hour2015083106.nc
> >

> > the 7 nc files are also converted from a ".pp format" file by
python,
> then
> > regridded by "cdo", and splitted to 7 seperate hourly files by

step.&nbsp;

<met_help at ucar.edu

Subject:

From: Randy Bullock
Time: Tue Sep 22 14:17:26 2020

Hi again Li -

OK, I've attached a config file to this email that works.  Please
understand, though: the config file "works" in the sense that mode
time
domain runs to completion with this config file and with your data.
It
doesn't mean that the settings in the config file (such as thresholds,
convolution radii, matching and merging parameters) are suitable for
what
you're doing.  You should definitely have a look at those parameters
in the
attached config file and think about how to set them.  I can give some
advice on particular parameters, if you want to talk about that.

Anyway, try this config file and see how it works for you.

Randy

<

<met_help at ucar.edu

<met_help at ucar.edu

Subject:

From: Li Zhenghui
Time: Wed Sep 23 09:26:21 2020

Randy,

    sorry to bother you again.

    I run mode time domain with your configuration file, it
still didn't work successfully.

the command lines are:

    ./mtd -fcst br528_SC_0.1_0.1_hour*
    -obs bs594_SC_0.1_0.1_hour*
    -config MTDConfig_20200923_randy
    -v 1

the error is :
    ERROR  : VarInfoNcCF::set_magic() -> trouble
parsing NetCDF dimension value "t"!

    maybe the setting of the "level"  in the
configuration file is not suitable ?

    you set the level as :  level = "(t,*,*)"

    I include all my .nc files in the email, would you
please try to run with my files?

    Thank you very much!

    Li Zhenghui

wrote:

> Let me try tweaking the config file to see if I can get it to
work.

> Randy
>
> On Fri, Sep 18, 2020 at 9:28 AM Li Zhenghui via RT

>> Randy,
>>

>> I've revised the configuration file.
>> In the former version,
>> fcst = {
>> &nbsp;&nbsp; field = {
>> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
name&nbsp; = "APCP";
>> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; level =
"A03";
>> &nbsp;&nbsp; }
>>

>> now in this version,
>> fcst = {
>> &nbsp;&nbsp; field = {
>> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
name&nbsp; = "NA";
>> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; level =
"NA";
>> &nbsp;&nbsp; }
>>

>> It seems that the mtd can find the data plane now, but the
new error
>> is&nbsp;
>>

>> I've test some other .nc dataset, the error is analogous to
it, needed
>> "XX" arguments for variable "XX", got "XX".
>>

>> I speculate the error maybe caused by:
>>

>> &nbsp;1. the wrong setting : level = "NA" in the
configuration file? but
>> I don't know how to set the argument.
>> &nbsp;
>> &nbsp;2.the self generated NC file couldn't read by mtd?
>>

>> &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; MET can read gridded data in
GRIB1, GRIB2, or 3
>> different flavors of NetCDF:&nbsp;
>>
>> &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; (1) The
"internal" NetCDF format that
>> looks like the output of the pcp_combine tool.&nbsp;
>>
>> &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; (2) CF-
compliant NetCDF3 files.&nbsp;

>> &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; (3) The
output of the wrf_interp
>> utility.
>>
>> &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; so I try to
reformat the NC file by

:

>> &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;./pcp_combine -add
>> br528_SC_0.1_0.1_hour2015083100.nc 010000
>> br528_SC_0.1_0.1_hour2015083100_converted.nc -field "NA"
>>
>> &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; the error is :
>>
>> &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;
>>

>> &nbsp;&nbsp; so what is reason the error "needed "XX"
arguments for
>> variable "XX", got "XX"." generated?
>>
>> &nbsp;&nbsp; If you'd like to see the information of
my input data, it is
>> included in the previous email.
>>
>> &nbsp;&nbsp; The new configuration file is attached.
>>

>> &nbsp; Thank you very much!
>>

>> &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;
>>
>> &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;
>>

>> ------------------&nbsp;原始邮件&nbsp;------------------

"met_help"

<
>> met_help at ucar.edu&gt;;
>> 发送时间:&nbsp;2020年9月18日(星期五) 凌晨2:34
>> 收件人:&nbsp;"Li Zhenghui"<dlizhenghui at qq.com&gt;;
>>
>> 主题:&nbsp; Re: Re: [rt.rap.ucar.edu #96589] how to resol
ve t he   ERROR
>> : mtd_read_data() -&gt; unab le to get data plane at time
0    when run the
>> mtd ?
>>

>> Hi Li -
>>
>> I'm running mtd in the debugger with your data files and your
config file,
>> and the first thing I notice is that in your config file,
line 58, you are
>> basically telling MTD to look for a dataset named APCP, but
there is no
>> data named APCP in either of the two data files you attached
to your
>> email.&nbsp; That's likely&nbsp; why mtd can't find
the data planes.

>> Try fixing that and see if it works.&nbsp; If not, then
we'll have

<met_help at ucar.edu
>> &gt;
>> wrote:
>>
>> &gt;
>> &gt; <URL:
https://rt.rap.ucar.edu/rt/Ticket/Display.html?id=96589 &gt;
>> &gt;
>> &gt; hi, Randy
>> &gt; thanks for your reply!
>> &gt; maybe you didn't receive my original email, the
details have been
>> included
>> &gt; in my original email.
>> &gt; the two files attached are just two representative
files, the one
>> belongs
>> &gt; to 'forecast file' and the other belongs to
'observation file'.
>> &gt; The command line when I run mtd is:
>> &gt;
>> &gt; ./mtd -fcst br528_SC_0.1_0.1_hour* \
>> &gt; &amp;gt; -obs bs594_SC_0.1_0.1_hour* \
>> &gt; &amp;gt; -config
MTDConfig_20200906&amp;nbsp;\
>> &gt; &amp;gt; -v 1 &amp;nbsp;
>> &gt;
>> &gt;
>> &gt; The -fcst files contain 7 hourly files, they are:
>> &gt; br528_SC_0.1_0.1_hour2015083100.nc
>> &gt; br528_SC_0.1_0.1_hour2015083101.nc
>> &gt; br528_SC_0.1_0.1_hour2015083102.nc
>> &gt; br528_SC_0.1_0.1_hour2015083103.nc
>> &gt; br528_SC_0.1_0.1_hour2015083104.nc
>> &gt; br528_SC_0.1_0.1_hour2015083105.nc
>> &gt; br528_SC_0.1_0.1_hour2015083106.ncthe 7 nc files are
converted from
>> a ".pp
>> &gt; format" file by python, then regridded by "cdo", and
splitted to
>> &gt; 7&amp;nbsp;seperate&amp;nbsp;hourly files by
"cdo".
>> &gt;
>> &gt;
>> &gt; Here is the information of the file&amp;nbsp;
>> &gt; br528_SC_0.1_0.1_hour2015083100.nc:
>> &gt;
>> &gt;
>> &gt;
>> &gt;
>> &gt;
>> &gt;
>> &gt; The -obs files contain 7 hourly files, they are:
>> &gt; bs594_SC_0.1_0.1_hour2015083100.nc
>> &gt; bs594_SC_0.1_0.1_hour2015083101.nc
>> &gt; bs594_SC_0.1_0.1_hour2015083102.nc
>> &gt; bs594_SC_0.1_0.1_hour2015083103.nc
>> &gt; bs594_SC_0.1_0.1_hour2015083104.nc
>> &gt; bs594_SC_0.1_0.1_hour2015083105.nc
>> &gt; bs594_SC_0.1_0.1_hour2015083106.nc
>> &gt;
>> &gt;
>> &gt; the 7 nc files are also converted from a ".pp
format" file by
>> python, then
>> &gt; regridded by "cdo", and splitted to 7 seperate
hourly files by "cdo".
RT"<met_help at ucar.edu&amp;gt;
>> &gt; Date: Thu, Sep 17, 2020 00:08 AM
>> &gt; To: "dlizhenghui"<dlizhenghui at qq.com&amp;gt;;
>> &gt; Subject:&nbsp; Re: [rt.rap.ucar.edu #96589] how
to resolve t
>> he&nbsp;  ERROR :
>> &gt; mtd_read_data() -&amp;gt; unable to&nbsp;
get data plane at time
>> 0&nbsp;  &nbsp;when run the
>> &gt; mtd ?
>> &gt;
>> &gt;
>> &gt; Hello -
>> &gt;
>> &gt; Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.
>> &gt;
>> &gt; Anyway, can you send me the command line you used to
run mode time
>> domain?
>> &gt;
>> &gt; Also, the netcdf files you sent contain only one
time
>> step.&amp;nbsp; Are
>> &gt; these two
>> &gt; files just representative examples of your data, or
are they the
<met_help at ucar.edu
>> &amp;gt;
>> &gt; wrote:
>> &gt;
>> &gt; &amp;gt;
>> &gt; &amp;gt; Tue Sep 08 09:36:37 2020: Request 96589
was acted upon.
dlizhenghui at qq.com
>> &gt;

&amp;gt;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;
Subject:
>> how to resolve the&amp;nbsp;
>> &gt; ERROR :&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; mtd_read_data()
-&amp;gt; unable to
>> &gt; &amp;gt; get data plane at time
0&amp;nbsp;&nbsp; &amp;nbsp;when run

dlizhenghui at qq.com
https://rt.rap.ucar.edu/rt/Ticket/Display.html?id=96589 &amp;gt;
>> &gt; &amp;gt;
>> &gt; &amp;gt;
>> &gt; &amp;gt; This transaction appears to have no
content

From: Randy Bullock
Time: Mon Sep 28 15:43:56 2020

Hi Li -

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, but I'm only working part
time.  I'll have a look at this again tomorrow.

Randy

<

<met_help at ucar.edu

> > wrote:

> >> Randy,
> >>

> >> I've revised the configuration file.
> >> In the former version,
> >> fcst = {
> >> &nbsp;&nbsp; field = {
> >> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
name&nbsp;
> = "APCP";
> >> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; level =
"A03";
> >> &nbsp;&nbsp; }
> >>

> >> now in this version,
> >> fcst = {
> >> &nbsp;&nbsp; field = {
> >> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
name&nbsp;
> = "NA";
> >> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; level =
"NA";
> >> &nbsp;&nbsp; }
> >>

> >> It seems that the mtd can find the data plane now, but the
new
> error
> >> is&nbsp;
> >>

> >> I've test some other .nc dataset, the error is analogous to
it,
> needed
> >> "XX" arguments for variable "XX", got "XX".
> >>

> >> I speculate the error maybe caused by:
> >>

> >> &nbsp;1. the wrong setting : level = "NA" in the
> configuration file? but
> >> I don't know how to set the argument.
> >> &nbsp;
> >> &nbsp;2.the self generated NC file couldn't read by
mtd?

> >> &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; MET can read gridded data
in
> GRIB1, GRIB2, or 3
> >> different flavors of NetCDF:&nbsp;
> >>
> >> &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; (1)
The
> "internal" NetCDF format that
> >> looks like the output of the pcp_combine tool.&nbsp;
> >>
> >> &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; (2)
> CF-compliant NetCDF3 files.&nbsp;
> >>
> >> &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; (3)
The
> [...]
> >> &gt; thing?
> >> &gt;
> >> &gt; Thanks
> >> &gt;
> >> &gt; Randy
> >> &gt;
> >> &gt; On Tue, Sep 8, 2020 at 9:37 AM Li Zhenghui via RT
> >> &amp;gt;
> >> &gt; wrote:
> >> &gt;
> >> &gt; &amp;gt;
> >> &gt; &amp;gt; Tue Sep 08 09:36:37 2020: Request
96589 was
> acted upon.
> >> &gt; &amp;gt; Transaction: Ticket created by
> dlizhenghui at qq.com
> >> &gt;

&amp;gt;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;
> >> Queue: met_help
> >> &gt;

&amp;gt;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;
mtd_read_data()
> -&amp;gt; unable to
> >> &gt; &amp;gt; get data plane at time
> 0&amp;nbsp;&nbsp; &amp;nbsp;when run
> >> the mtd ?
> >> &gt;

&amp;gt;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;
> >> Owner: Nobody
> >> &gt; &amp;gt;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;
Requestors:

From: Randy Bullock
Time: Tue Sep 29 11:34:13 2020

LI -

In the fcst field dictionary in the config file, try replacing this
line

level = "(t,*,*)";

with

level = "(0,*,*)";

Randy

<

<met_help at ucar.edu

> > wrote:

> >> Randy,
> >>

> >> I've revised the configuration file.
> >> In the former version,
> >> fcst = {
> >> &nbsp;&nbsp; field = {
> >> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
name&nbsp;
> = "APCP";
> >> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; level =
"A03";
> >> &nbsp;&nbsp; }
> >>

> >> now in this version,
> >> fcst = {
> >> &nbsp;&nbsp; field = {
> >> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
name&nbsp;
> = "NA";
> >> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; level =
"NA";
> >> &nbsp;&nbsp; }
> >>

> >> It seems that the mtd can find the data plane now, but the
new
> error
> >> is&nbsp;
> >>

> >> I've test some other .nc dataset, the error is analogous to
it,
> needed
> >> "XX" arguments for variable "XX", got "XX".
> >>

> >> I speculate the error maybe caused by:
> >>

> >> &nbsp;1. the wrong setting : level = "NA" in the
> configuration file? but
> >> I don't know how to set the argument.
> >> &nbsp;
> >> &nbsp;2.the self generated NC file couldn't read by
mtd?

> >> &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; MET can read gridded data
in
> GRIB1, GRIB2, or 3
> >> different flavors of NetCDF:&nbsp;
> >>
> >> &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; (1)
The
> "internal" NetCDF format that
> >> looks like the output of the pcp_combine tool.&nbsp;
> >>
> >> &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; (2)
> CF-compliant NetCDF3 files.&nbsp;
> >>
> >> &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; (3)
The
> [...]
> >> &gt; thing?
> >> &gt;
> >> &gt; Thanks
> >> &gt;
> >> &gt; Randy
> >> &gt;
> >> &gt; On Tue, Sep 8, 2020 at 9:37 AM Li Zhenghui via RT
> >> &amp;gt;
> >> &gt; wrote:
> >> &gt;
> >> &gt; &amp;gt;
> >> &gt; &amp;gt; Tue Sep 08 09:36:37 2020: Request
96589 was
> acted upon.
> >> &gt; &amp;gt; Transaction: Ticket created by
> dlizhenghui at qq.com
> >> &gt;

&amp;gt;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;
> >> Queue: met_help
> >> &gt;

&amp;gt;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;
mtd_read_data()
> -&amp;gt; unable to
> >> &gt; &amp;gt; get data plane at time
> 0&amp;nbsp;&nbsp; &amp;nbsp;when run
> >> the mtd ?
> >> &gt;

&amp;gt;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;
> >> Owner: Nobody
> >> &gt; &amp;gt;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;
Requestors:

From: Randy Bullock
Time: Tue Oct 20 10:48:23 2020

On Mon Oct 19 07:15:28 2020, dlizhenghui at qq.com wrote:
> This transaction appears to have no content

Hi again Liu -

I see from one of the data files you sent me a while back that there
is data for only one time.  MODE Tome domain expects a series of
datasets at equally spaced time intervals.

Since you have data for only one single time, perhaps you should be
using regular MODE, rather than MODE Time Domain?  Just a suggestion.

Hope this helps.

Randy

From: Li Zhenghui
Time: Wed Oct 21 08:58:34 2020

Randy,
    Yes, in my dataset, one file contains only one hourly
time, but a series files consist of sequential times. In my case, 7
files contain 7 hourly  data, the interval is 1 hour. So I think
MTD is suitable for it, isn't it?
    (Or do you mean the 7 hourly data must be merged in one
file?)

    Thank you very much!

Zhenghui LI

From: Randy Bullock
Time: Wed Oct 21 19:52:04 2020

Li -

I'll have a closer look at the datasets.  I may not be able to do this
until friday, though.

Randy

<

From: Randy Bullock
Time: Fri Oct 23 14:49:24 2020

Hi again Li -

MTD requires that the time increment from one data file to the next be
the
same.  Looking at your data files from your rar archives, we have this
for
the time info in each fcst file:

 time = 400272.016666667 ;
 time = 400273 ;
 time = 400274 ;
 time = 400275 ;
 time = 400276 ;
 time = 400277 ;
 time = 400278 ;

and for each obs file:

 time = 400272.016666667 ;
 time = 400273 ;
 time = 400274 ;
 time = 400275 ;
 time = 400276 ;
 time = 400277 ;
 time = 400278 ;

Your first and second fcst files are separated in time by 59 minutes,
but
the second and third are separated in time by 60 minutes.  Same for
the
time increment between the third and the fourth files, and so on.
This is
what MTD is complaining about.  I was able to run MTD on your data
files if
I didn't include the first fcst file and the first obs file.  Then all
the
time increments are equal, and MTD seems to run OK (though I didn't
examine
the output).

BTW, measuring time in hours since Jan 1 1970 is new to me.  I don't
believe I've ever seen that in a data file before.

Anyway, try running MTD with all of the fcst files except the first,
and
all the obs file except the first.  Then all the time increments
should be
identical. It worked for me, so it should work for you, too.

Randy

<