[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #99015] History for Error running PointStatConfig for QPF (APCP)

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Thu Mar 18 11:03:40 MDT 2021

Below is the error that we are getting and the debug line that is our
concern:

DEBUG 2: Processing APCP_24A24 versus APCP/A24, for observation type
ADPSFC, over region FULL, for interpolation method NEAREST(1), using 0
matched pairs.
DEBUG 3: Number of matched pairs   = 0
DEBUG 3: Observations processed    = 1492
DEBUG 3: Rejected: station id      = 0

*DEBUG 3: Rejected: obs type        = 1492*DEBUG 3: Rejected: valid time
   = 0
DEBUG 3: Rejected: bad obs value   = 0
DEBUG 3: Rejected: off the grid    = 0
DEBUG 3: Rejected: topography      = 0
DEBUG 3: Rejected: level mismatch  = 0
DEBUG 3: Rejected: quality marker  = 0
DEBUG 3: Rejected: message type    = 0
DEBUG 3: Rejected: masking region  = 0
DEBUG 3: Rejected: bad fcst value  = 0
DEBUG 3: Rejected: bad climo mean  = 0
DEBUG 3: Rejected: bad climo stdev = 0
DEBUG 3: Rejected: duplicates      = 0

When looking at reference material, we do not understand where to identify
this "obs type" within the PointStatConfig. Can you provide information on
where we might address this issue within this file? The netCDF file
obtained from running ascii2nc does not appear to contain anything by the
name "obs type".

Based on the debug return above, is the bolded line even the issue, or is
some other information included here that we are not noticing?

I appreciate any help you can provide.

Best,
Matt
--
Matthew R. Green

Professional Research Assistant
Cooperative Institute for Research in Environmental Sciences (CIRES)
NOAA/NWS/Weather Prediction Center