[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #100168] History for Use of ERA5 data in MET

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Fri Jun 11 13:29:33 MDT 2021

Dear MET team,

Hello again! I’m currently interested in validating ERA5 data against either point source or grid-based observations and so will be using point-stat and grid-stat. ERA5 data can be retrieved as spectral coefficients, or in a regridded Gaussian lat/lon format (see https://confluence.ecmwf.int/display/CKB/ERA5%3A+What+is+the+spatial+reference). Can either work with MET, or does it need to be the gridded version?

Thanks!

Becky Adams-Selin, Ph.D.
Senior Staff Scientist II
Convection, Chemistry, and Clouds Group Supervisor
Atmospheric and Environmental Research

This email is intended solely for the recipient. It may contain privileged, proprietary or confidential information or material. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this email and any attachments and notify the sender of the error.