[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #100396] History for Series Analysis Issues, "file_list" error

George McCabe via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Mon Jul 12 11:47:36 MDT 2021

I am running into some issues running series_analysis in METplusV4. The
file names that I specify within the
FCST/OBS_SERIES_ANALYSIS_INPUT_TEMPLATE are sent to text files named
FCST_FILES and OBS_FILES, with the first line written as "file_list".

I am getting an error that says: No match found for precip(0,0,*,*) in
file: file_list when I run METplus. Series_analysis is supposed to skip the
line that reads "file_list", but instead is interpreting this as an actual
file that doesn't exist and completely ignoring the filenames beneath it. This
error arises when I run METplus4, but it runs fine when I run METplus3.
This is strange considering the wrapper "series_analysis_wrapper.py"
mentions that series_analysis "skips the first line because it contains
'file_list' ".

I'll attach my configuration file as well as the forecast ("test_bin"),
observation ("mean"), and climatology ("accum") files. Please let me know
if you need me to provide any other information. Thanks!