[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #99943] History for question about input file

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Mon Jul 12 11:41:55 MDT 2021

Dear Help Desk,

I intend to verify global MPAS simulations using MET.

MPAS output has been remapped to global regular lat-lon grids with
resolution of 0.25 degree, similar to GFS quarter degree data.

However, when I try to  run plot_data_plane and gen_vx_mask, both
program failed with the error message:

file "latlon_history.2018-04-15_00.00.00.nc" not a valid data file

My data and a simple run_mask.ksh file are saved at
/glade/scratch/chenming/MET/

Would you please help me take a look? Thanks!

Ming