[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #98219] History for why pb2nc command can not find any variables within ds351.0 ADPUPA data?

George McCabe via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Wed Jan 27 15:29:31 MST 2021

To whom it may concern,
  Hello. I run into a trouble in using pb2nc command on coverting ds351.0 prebufr format data to NETCDF format data within MET-8.1.1. I don't know why the command always can not find any verified variables whatever setting variable names in obs_bufr_var entry. The executing file attachments could be found please including logfile named log.txt, configuration file named PB2NCConfig_local and the tested file named gdas.udpupa.t00z.20160620.bufr.
  My UPA data comes from https://rda.ucar.edu/datasets/ds351.0/#!description. I also insisted that the config file is the key point. But I tried countless times on the config file and failed. So now I turn to your help. Could you please send me a correct config file about these kind of data?
  Thank you so much. I am looking forward to your news.
With my best wishes.
Yu