[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #98413] History for Point stat log information request

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Wed Feb 10 09:08:50 MST 2021

Is there anything in point_stat that will inform me on what the latitude/longitude is for the vertices used in the bilinear interpolation during the interpolation?  I am currently investigating a problem that I believe to be in the way Python embedding handles field orientation from raw file read in to Point_stat ingestion so I've created an IEEE file containing a "fake" field containing all 0s except for four vertices surrounding an observation location near the center of the grid.  Initially, I set the four vertices to be 100 and ran point stat with this file; the resulting MPR file confirmed that the interpolated forecast at this ob location was 100.  I then changed the vertices values to the following:

0           0                              100          0
           X                 -->                       X
       0      0                                  0        100

Where X is the observation location and the corners are forecast field point values.  Rerunning MET returned a 0 in the interpolated forecast value for the same observation that I got 100 for in the first test run.  Therefore, I would like to print out the locations of the points that MET is using during interpolation.  Do you have any idea how to do/add that?

Thank you,
Justin