[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #98537] History for gen_vx_mask not working as I expected it

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Mon Feb 8 09:21:18 MST 2021

Hello folks!

I placed two files at ftp://ftp.rap.ucar.edu/incoming/irap/met_help/serra that I use with the following command:
gen_vx_mask -type poly -intersection land_mask.nc Eurasian_boreal.poly Eurasian_boreal.nc

I am not getting the output I am expecting on Eurasian_boreal.nc file; the image of above command is attached.

I use maps.google.com to get the lat,lon pairs in the poly file. I start on France and go across to the east towards Russia, Japan, then counter clockwise.
I have done the opposite in a clockwise sense. I still don't get the land mask of of Eurasia boreal I am after. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Efren A. Serra (Contractor)
Physicist

DeVine Consulting, Inc.
Naval Research Laboratory